Before considering helmet treatment, the first step is to evaluate your baby’s head shape condition and assess the severity levels.
At Steeper Clinic, we use the plagiocephaly scanner - SmartSoc™, to provide highly precise and objective measurements. Click here to see what happens at the appointment.
If STARband™ treatment is offered, the cost is £2000 and this covers:
- the STARband™ helmet
- the fitting of the helmet
- appointments and regular reviews
- alterations to the STARband™ as your child grows
- advice and support from our paediatric orthotists
- reports to your GP/Paediatrician to document the progress of your baby’s treatment
Please note that helmet treatment is not offered to every baby seen at Steeper Clinic as orthotic intervention is not needed in all cases.
Flexible payment option
You are able to spread the cost of the treatment over 3 months interest free by Direct Debit (2 forms of ID within the last 3 months is required).
Headstart4babies is a charity that can help with financial assistance for families on low incomes that may find it difficult to fund the treatment.
We are also able to monitor the shape of your babies head whilst using repositioning techniques, for no charge.